Educational Material



Movies
Watching movies is a great (and easy/time effective) way to educate and/or inspire yourself, which is a HUGE part of changing your lifestyle.
I would just like to note, I am providing links to some of these movie's website. I am, IN NO WAY, making money off of linking to these movies! I just was so informed and inspired by each of them that I want to spread the word...free of charge. ;-)

Food Matters : "Let thy food be thy medicine."
In a collection of interviews with leading Nutritionists, Naturopaths, Scientists, M.D.'s and Medical Journalists you will discover scientifically verifiable solutions for overcoming illness naturally.
(available on Netflix's "Watch Instantly")

Food, Inc. : You'll never look at dinner the same way.
Documentary about where our food comes from.
(available on Netflix's "Watch Instantly")
Documentary talking up the importance of a plant-based diet. I don't know that I agree that we should be 100% vegetarian, but I do think that over 50% of our diet should be raw/plant based.
(available on Netflix's "Watch Instantly")

Super Size Me
One man decides to start eating McDonalds for every meal for 30 days.
(this link says you can watch the movie for free!)

Hungry For Change
This is an excellent movie that was available for free online when it first came out. Now you can find it included in the online streaming package through Netflix.

Fed Up
This documentary examines the underlying causes of childhood obesity, which has become an increasingly serious medical issue in America.
(available on Netflix's "Watch Instantly")

Journalist Michael Pollan examines the industrially driven Western diet to show how it has ruined our health, then offers solutions for the future.
(available on Netflix's "Watch Instantly")

Here are some other, not food-related, movies that I feel have enhanced my life:

The Shadow Effect (documentary, spiritual)
What the Bleep Do We Know (documentary, spiritual)
The Secret (documentary, spiritual)
Eat, Pray, Love (based on a true story)
Waking Life (fiction, cerebral/spiritual)
Stranger Than Fiction (fiction, inspirational)
Yes, Man (fiction, inspirational)
The Shift (documentary, spiritual)
I Heart Huckabees (fiction, cerebral)
Choicepoint (spiritual, inspirational)

Audiobooks

Audiobooks are a great way to educate yourself on the go. Whether it be during your workout or a long commute to work, you turn what you may have considered wasted time into valuable learning time.

Click here to find my list of audiobook recommendations to get you started.

Podcasts

Like audiobooks, podcasts allow you to get smarter (and/or motivated toward your goals) on your morning commute to work. The great thing about podcasts is that you can receive brand new, cutting edge information each day, opposed to audiobooks which can become outdated and obsolete.

Click here to see the list of the podcasts I follow.

Online Videos:

Last Day Dream (less than one minute long)

Symphony of Science
These videos are simply amazing!! Even if you're not a big fan of science, they offer deeper insight into life in general. I've watched them all numerous times and they still give me goosebumps each time.

Comments

  1. I've seen Super Size Me which is a great movie and proves a great point and shows everyone how bad fast food is. Now, I haven't seen the others yet but will watch them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I've watched some of your suggestions and they were eye opening! I would like to suggest Hungry For Change, you can watch it for free untill the end of March http://www.hungryforchange.tv/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mariska! This is CRAZY! I just LITERALLY got done watching that movie JUST NOW! I couldn't agree more. I wish they would've made that movie years ago!

      Delete
  3. Good thing I tagged this link to my favorites! Hope your FB gets back up and running soon. :S

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment