Changes to My Body AND My Belief About My Body

I really hate to be "that girl" but I am just so proud of myself. About two months ago I was starting to feel really thick and just not healthy. In the past 60 days, I've lost 16 pounds and 3 1/2 inches off my waist. And this time I can honestly say I've done it in an unbelievably healthy way!! And the other night at the gym I did 46 standard pushups! (3 sets: 16, 15, 15)

Id also like to add that im not the lightest I've ever been. And part of that is definitely muscle mass but part of that is that I am just naturally a thicker chick and Im never going to starve myself again to fit some kind of image of beauty. I am almost ALMOST to a place where I am comfortable in my own skin. I've come so far from the obese, exhausted 20 year old and now, less than two years away from the big 4-0, I can honestly say that I feel in the very best shape of my life. And not just physically but mentally and spiritually. Which, for anyone who knows me well enough, knows it has been hard earned.

Side note: I've also stopped tanning. I have tanned for years out of insecurity and vanity. No more! This girl is going pale. I am who I am. Sexy, cellulite, pretty, belly, morning breath, inviting smile, wild chin hair....my perfectly, imperfect self and I'm through apologizing in either direction.

Comments