BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK!!

Bringing Your Body Into Balance

My 100+ pound weight loss is what grabs people's attention. However, my weight loss was merely a side effect of finally taking my health and happiness into my own hands and finding that perfect balance. Body, mind, spirit. It all matters.

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Loss Over Christmas

Not all loss over Christmas is a bad thing. Last night I had an epiphany. I was a little bummed to step on the scales yesterday and only see a 0.6 pound loss for the week. Then it occurred to me....I LOST weight over Christmas! I actually did this a couple years ago too. The loss felt pretty significant after that because I (and most people) tend to GAIN over Christmas.

This just reinforces what I've known for a long time. When you're ready...you're ready! It may come in the middle of a day on Wednesday or, in my case, the week of Christmas. On the flip side, when you're not ready, it doesn't matter if it's a new week, of a new month, of a new year. It doesn't matter if you've just purchased a weight loss package of some sort or personal training sessions with yours truly, you won't succeed. Mindset is everything!

And my head is in the game! It is a combination of just getting to a point where I felt thick and gross and really flooding my brain with inspirational/informative material. And I'm happy to say that the thick feeling is officially GONE but my motivation isn't! I am so excited to once again see what I can do with my body. And to not have the self-limiting thoughts of "but what if my this-or-that never looks perfect" is so unbelievably liberating. This time around it's just to be the best I can be for ME ME ME! I want this body to do everything it can do for me as long as it can do it. Anything else is gravy....flour free, healthy gravy....if such a thing exists please inbox me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK!!