Time to Reset

I'm not recording goals or restricting calories today. When I get off course like I did yesterday, I've learned that the best thing I can do is eat to my calorie limit for a day or so and really focus on nourishing my body and getting back in the right frame of mind.


This is for two reasons:


1-If I'm out of control with my eating this means one of two things (or both). My body is starved for extra nutrients because I've been working it so hard and/or my relationship with food needs attention. I would guess it's both. I tend to use food for emotional reasons and I've found that nourishing and loving my body with healthy food makes me less apt to put yucky stuff in it when I'm having a bad day. Form follows function. When I pay attention to doing the right things for my body, it makes me not want to do the wrongs things....most of the time anyway.

2-After putting toxic food in my body instead of the healing, nourishing food that it needs, I figure it needs more nutrients the next day to make up for it.


Yes, I would like to lose about 10-15 pounds but I've finally reached a point in my life where I want to feel better more than anything. And although I've felt a little chubby for the last couple months, I know that I look healthy and my body never fails me. I'm learning to be gentle and patient with my body and my mind. To place healing and nourishment before seeing a smaller number on the scale. The main reason why I've decided that 175 isn't where I want to be long term is because I FEEL too heavy. I feel like my frame is made to support about 160 pounds. That's when I felt my best, strongest and lightest. These few extra pounds seem to hold me down a little and my feet have been hurting lately and I can't help but wonder if this is why, jumping around so much with more weight than my feet are designed to handle. I see a chiropractor next Tuesday and I'm anxious to hear his opinion of whether he thinks it would be helahty and safe for me to start running again. Especially if I could manage to get a couple pounds off my frame first. I run very little right now and only with clients and I miss just running for fun. Plus, I'm sick of plyo and I feel like my joints need a break. We will see.

I've been really struggling with stress and depression lately. I've got a lot of my plate right now and I've been dwelling on it and not dealing with it in a healthy way. I had a little come to Jesus with my boyfriend, Gino, and he made me realize that I've ONCE AGAIN been neglecting my spiritual self. I almost instantly felt better just to realize this. I HAVE to set aside time to nurture my soul. It's just as, if not more, important than nourishing my body and taking care of the people around me. It is the foundation that holds it all together. So, I had planned to skip the yoga class that takes place in the very building where I work because I just felt like I had so many more important things to do. But, instead I'm going to go into the studio a few minutes early (when I actually do take this class, I usually work on paperwork until the very last second and then rush in), I'm going to sit down on my mat and meditate. I am so thankful for Gino for always pulling me back to this part of myself that I tend to neglect. I will show my thanks by being a more pleasant girlfriend tonight, haha.


Comments