BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK!!

Bringing Your Body Into Balance

My 100+ pound weight loss is what grabs people's attention. However, my weight loss was merely a side effect of finally taking my health and happiness into my own hands and finding that perfect balance. Body, mind, spirit. It all matters.

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Gratitude and Hating Myself



Today in yoga I had an epiphany. This month my class and I had resolved to try to avoid complaining. We included gossip as complaining. One area that I failed to include was inner dialogue. Halfway through yoga I caught myself!!!

"Too heavy, you're not light enough"
"Shirt coming up, your belly is showing"
"You are so weak today!"

Then finally I said something different.... "ENOUGH!!!" I stopped what I was doing and went into child's pose and had a little talk with myself. I forgave myself and resolved to be in the moment for the rest of the class and embrace exactly who I am in that moment! And that's exactly what I did! And I feel amazing now!

So that's officially included in my November resolution...pay close attention to inner dialogue that doesn't mirror the gratitude I am trying to apply in my life. I DESERVE to be loved and accepted at all times, not just when I'm having a good hair day, if I've eaten the right foods in the right amounts or when my body fat is to an acceptable level, I deserve self-love each and every day of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK!!